Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: "Clifton" / Marc Meyers Update

"Clifton" / Marc Meyers Update

I visited Marc Meyers (aka "Clifton", AAJ BB's moderator) at the hospital yesterday and wanted to bring everyone up to date on his condition.

About six weeks ago Marc had two neurosurguries to improve a degenerative condition with his spine (which was limiting his ability to walk, reduced his motor skills, etc.). He suffered a stroke post surgery, but has made great progress ever since and has spent the last four weeks at Magee Rehabilitation Hospital in Philadelphia.

He was in excellent spirits yesterday and I was able to spend a couple of hours with him and his wife, Jane. If he continues to build his strength and coordination, he'll be discharged around the beginning of April. He looks forward to getting back to the bulletin board, writing CD reviews and doing all things jazz (even picking up his saxophone).

It would mean a great deal to him if we could all wish him well. So please, if you know Marc either through the bulletin board or website, post a note. I'll print out the thread and bring it with me on my next visit (next week).

Best,
    Mike R.
    Discover Jazz Near You! | Visit All About Jazz.

Get well soon, Marc! I have long enjoyed reading your contributions to the board, so get back here and get back to it!

This is good news.

We're hoping the very best for clifton and his family.

Lee Gato

Greetings Marc,

Wishing you a speedy recovery and hope you are able to return home as soon as possible.

jm

Here's to a speedy recovery! Board doesn't feel the same without him around doesn't it.

Get healthy and happy!
    Guitarist/Composer/Educator
    Check out my website
    Buy my CD Follow from iTunes

Marc,
    You know I've been hoping to hear good news about your recent surgeries, and I'm happy to hear, after that post-surgical stroke, that things are heading in the right direction for you.

Speaking as a board admin, it's awfully lonely here without you, and we miss your less frequent but always insightful reviews on the main site.

So keep getting better man, and hopefully we'll see you here in no time.

Best!
    John

Sorry to hear of your troubles, Marc.

Here's hoping everything picks up for you soon and you're back posting here.

We Europeans need you - you're one of our main Stateside champions of jazz from Europe!

All the best,

Bev

Hi Marc,

I bet you wonder what’s been going on around these parts since your lengthy exposure to hospital food, hospital beer and hospital jazz. Well here’s a quick headline round up that should put a fire under your keister:

· New Fred Hess CD How ’Bout Now Not Reviewed By Allaboutjazz.com.
    · Piano Is 21st Century’s Banjo With More Strings.
    · Dave Douglas Overexposed Gets Probation.
    · Kenny G More Popular Than Pops, Armstrong Remains Mute.
    · Final Level Status? Chick Corea, Tom Cruise To Compete On American Idol Scientology Special.
    · Amazon.com Editor’s Best Musical Pick Of Decade: O Brother, Where Art Thou Soundtrack.
    · Nurses Shed Undergarments In Protest Of Impending Strike.

So here’s to one tough, driven son of a bitch-- Get thee better, get thee home. Besides, I’m jonesing for our monthly talks.

shawn

Quote Originally Posted by shawn·m
    · New Fred Hess CD How ’Bout Now Not Reviewed By Allaboutjazz.com.
    Actually there's a copy of Fred's new disc on the way to me...so it will get covered.
    John

Hi Marc/clifton,

My very best wishes for a speedy and safe recovery. I've always enjoyed your posts a great deal - had noticed your absence from the BB, feared a health problem, and was on the verge of inquiring. Hope to hear/read from you soon!

Thanks, Mike R., for keeping us informed.

T.D.

God Speed Marc.

It isn't the same without you here onboard.

I knew something was up as we hadn't been hearing much from you.

It's good to know you are on the mend and our best wishes are with you, as well as you being in our prayers.

We are still into discussing all things about Miles and all things about Wynton. So you can just imagine how that is going, and now the talk is about a bit of actor casting in the movie about Miles. Who could play him and others around him. Since you are the one so into movies, I thought about you everytime the talk of a movie about Miles popped up.

Someone here says we should all get together and make our own movie. What a time that would be. I can see and hear it now, that scenario would have to be something a movie could be made out of in itself, and that would just be in working out the logistics, much less who all the actors could or would be.

Really Mark, I do hope for the best for you. In fact, I know we all do.

Get better now. You hear?

Sandi
    Sandi from Hermosa Beach

Get well soon Clifton!

Hope they let you listen to good music in your hospital room. Also hope you're not stuck in a situation where the television is on all day!!!
    www.russellmoon.com

Best wishes for a quick and thorough recovery, Marc. We all miss your knowledge and your leadership here.

Marc,
    I have been through the hells of ill health. You will get better, believe me. I wish you nothing but the best, the best!.
    Dennis
    Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.
    Bill Watterson

Marc, we're all rooting for you, best wishes for a swift recovery. Hope you're "back in the saddle" and posting here again soon. Always enjoy your contributions!