Page 84 of 111 FirstFirst ... 347071727374757677787980818283848586878889909192939495969798 ... LastLast
Results 1,246 to 1,260 of 1664

Thread: A Few Pictures I Took Today

Quote Originally Posted by jkelman View Post
    Just a quick note to this thread, since it's one of the few places I know folks will appreciate...

My D800 is in; I pick it up, with all the accoutrements, tomorrow.

Now that I've maintained the proper degree of professional calm.....

: : :

Nice, happy shooting with it!

Quote Originally Posted by NewJazz4Mike View Post
    My very favorite model

Looks like your favourite model is into ballet. I've done some ballet shots, but out of courtesy to the ballet company. I have to have their permission to post. If they let me, you can show her the pictures. Nice.
    I am always of the opinion with the learned, if they speak first. - William Congreve.

Apologies, in a previous post I stated I hadn’t done much B&W photography. I completely forgot I did 2.5 years of canine photography for “Our Dogs.” I had forgotten, because it was about 25 years ago.
    The reason I wanted to mention it was that I didn’t have to worry about filters, because of the darkroom skills my camera club colleague had, was enough to make the pictures OK. That is why I am an advocate of Photoshop. Not to compensate for lack of technique, but to enhance a picture to it’s potential. The reason I didn’t use the filters; - because taking pictures of dogs most of the day, with a coloured filter on, would drive me round the bend!
    I am always of the opinion with the learned, if they speak first. - William Congreve.

Quote Originally Posted by Pope Pertwee IX View Post
    Looks like your favourite model is into ballet. I've done some ballet shots, but out of courtesy to the ballet company. I have to have their permission to post. If they let me, you can show her the pictures. Nice.
    No, lol.... she's only three, and though she does loves to dance, she's really more into colors and clothes, outfits, and dressing up for now.

AAJ's Spammer Exterminator Tenorman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jkelman View Post
    Really, I mean, this guy?

When I was a child in a push-chair (Buggie??) a large alsatian on the loose tried to pull me out of the the thing. My father fought it off, and ever since-----

My Uncle started breeding labradors, and it is difficult to be afraid of something that you held in the palm of your hand as a new-born puppy. Even so, if any dog and any includes that one above starts barking at me, I am off in the other direction. Fortunately it is a fear and not a phobia

Birth Controller to the Jazz Community. (click on the underlined text for more information)

Y'all is doing it, baby. Y'all is doing it! Keep on keepin' on, all of you!

Some ingredients for a local meal I am making today called callaloo. Google it if you don't know what that is. Learn something new.

You're only granted one set of gonads during this lifetime. Make sure you use it wisely.

Yeah baby. This was last Sunday's meal. I'm only just now posting it, however.

You're only granted one set of gonads during this lifetime. Make sure you use it wisely.

What do you think of the London Marathon & Olympics?

Every year at this time they run a Marathon through the East end of London, finishing it near Buckingham Palace

There are female elite runners

There are male elite runners

There are wheelchair runners (rollers?)

There are fun runners and spectators and shouting and clapping and whistles

There are helicopters and frightened pigeons

I thought that it might be interesting to go and interview the less often noticed residents of the East End of London to find out what they think about the marathon and the forthcoming Olympics. I am not a professional journalist, so the reception I got was pretty mixed. In fact I have to say that this is the last time I try and work with this lot.

Marathon! Marathon! don't you talk to me about the marathon. I've got a family to feed, and all this noise and disturbance is upsetting the babies. Finding food is hard enough without all these people chasing the hazelnuts away.

Who do you think you are asking me questions. I don't have to talk to you. Now go away and leave me alone.

Good, yes, that is the correct side. Are you sure you got me exactly right. Now, what was that again? The Olympics? They threw us out of our home, you know. I have nowhere to live now. My gander tried to protect us, but his goose was cooked. Brings a tear to my eye whenever I think about it.

The council are spending money on running a marathon and the olympics, and absolutely nothing on housing. Have you seen the squalor we are living in? We don’t even have a roof over our heads. Do you have any idea how exposed that makes us feel

I’ve got my beady little eye on you. I know what you are here for. All that Marathon talk is just a distraction. You’re here to grab my territory aren’t you? I’m warning you. Get off my water or I’ll sort you out

Don't ask her anything. You'll get no sense out of her until she finds out what is at the bottom of that hole in the water

Do you know who you are talking to? We are not amused. How dare you address us without being introduced. We belong to the Queen you know. Begone knave!

Running? that isn’t a sport. Now fishing: that is something worth talking about. You should have seen the one that got away yesterday it was thiiiiiis size.

Oooh darling, you don’t want to ask us anything. We don’t know whether we are coming or going

Never work with children or animals, they say. Judging by that lot, I agree

PS All pictures taken in the formerly industrial East end of London, mainly on the Regents Canal, Lee Valley canal, and Limehouse Basin, except for the Goose shot which was taken about half a mile East of Tower Bridge.

And no, I didn't get that close to the goose. It was a real nasty piece of work. Geese are more vicious than swans are. The Romans and the Scottish Whisky industry use them as guards! The original shot is of the complete goose, taken at a distance using a 100-400 zoom at 400mm with a 2x convertor giving an effective 800mm. Tripod mounted

Most picture using the 12.8Mp Canon EOS 5D mark 1. The goose and a couple of the duck shots done with the 21.1 Mp Canon EOS 5D mark 2

Birth Controller to the Jazz Community. (click on the underlined text for more information)

Oppressed into submission jazzbluescat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ianant View Post
    Yeah baby. This was last Sunday's meal. I'm only just now posting it, however.

Beautiful pic.

But I gained five lbs. looking at it.
    A lot of good arguments are ruined by some fool who knows what he's talking about.

Dressing Like a Fan Since 1997 1/2 Baked, Not Fried's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenorman View Post
    Absolutely love that rain on the window shot. Put it in a good frame and do a limited edition fine art print. It would certainly sell in the UK
    Thanks, Ian. I may indeed try to blow that one up; see what it looks like stretched out. In any event, I'm glad you liked it. Very much enjoyed your London Marathon shots, as well. Fwiw, #7 and #12 are probably my favorites.

And to the other Ian, those food shots are quite professional looking, not to mention, they both make me quite hungry. Caliloo sounds right up my alley . . .

One more recent shot. A science experiment with my 8-year old daughter. Homegrown Borax crystals in an old Mason-type jar:

I think there are only three things America will be known for 2,000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. Gerald Early 1952–, American Author

Lovely photos guys!

Quote Originally Posted by 1/2 Baked, Not Fried View Post
    Thanks, Ian. I may indeed try to blow that one up; see what it looks like stretched out. In any event, I'm glad you liked it. Very much enjoyed your London Marathon shots, as well. Fwiw, #7 and #12 are probably my favorites.

And to the other Ian, those food shots are quite professional looking, not to mention, they both make me quite hungry. Caliloo sounds right up my alley . . .

One more recent shot. A science experiment with my 8-year old daughter. Homegrown Borax crystals in an old Mason-type jar:

Dude, this is cool.

This is a good shot. Light falls perfectly on the subject matter throwing most of whatever else is in the image into shadow. Well, aside from the buildings on the right but the light there and the light falling on the folk on the left lends a lot of character to the image. Very good.

Thanks Ian

400mm hand held, hence the fore-shortening of the distance between the bikes and the runners I had to get my shots in first as everyone steps in front with their WA compacts as the runners get close

Just off to the left, out of shot is the River Thames

Inspired byHalfBaked's crystals... wondering what they'll be when they grow up....

or maybe: