Thread: Stencil/Artwork ideas?

Stencil/Artwork ideas?

I wasn't sure quite where to put this topic, but basically, a friend of a friend is a great artist who does a lot of really cool stencil work: here's his Paco De Lucia among others

I'm seriously thinking of paying him to do a couple of (Jazz related) pieces for me to decorate the room, but I'm not sure where to start. Anyone have any suggestions? Seen any cool photos on the net that you think would look good in that style? Something/someone iconic....

Dave

(note: the paco one was designed for street art, and is on a wall somewhere in Cambridge, UK... I like it!)

What's the piece on Satch? I have seen nearly(?) that same exact image as the cover of a student run literary magazine... Is it based on a photo I am not recalling?
    AAJ Banner

Not sure actually, its not one i've seen as a photo either. Very cool though. I think thats someone elses work - the majority of the paco guys stuff is 2 tone.

Glad to see this is a popular thread! To be fair, its pretty damn obscure heh

Dave

Those are cool. Has he ever thought about doing posters for Jazz shows?

Comparison time!

AAJ Banner

I don't blow, but I'm a fan. misstraceynolan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hookedonguitar View Post
    I wasn't sure quite where to put this topic, but basically, a friend of a friend is a great artist who does a lot of really cool stencil work: here's his Paco De Lucia among others

I'm seriously thinking of paying him to do a couple of (Jazz related) pieces for me to decorate the room, but I'm not sure where to start. Anyone have any suggestions? Seen any cool photos on the net that you think would look good in that style? Something/someone iconic....

Dave

(note: the paco one was designed for street art, and is on a wall somewhere in Cambridge, UK... I like it!)
    I really like the graphic nature of it and the colours. Does he have a website? If not he should consider starting a simple blog or flickr account. I'd love to see more!
  7. Miss Tracey Nolan
  8. MTN Media Relations

9. "Cynicism is a sorry kind of wisdom" - Barack Obama

justHerb - I'm not sure if he has actually, but he definitely should - an incredible artist!

wordsandsounds - Looks like you've found it! Any chance it's the same one? Or would you say its definitely a copy?

misstraceynolan - He did used to have a flickr acount, but he took them all off (Although he has a lot of commissioned work

a lot of his stencils are 'graffiti' around the city. Beautiful, beautiful graffiti! He has to be careful).

If I find any more on the net, i'll let you know

Quote Originally Posted by hookedonguitar View Post
    wordsandsounds - Looks like you've found it! Any chance it's the same one? Or would you say its definitely a copy?
    WHat's the name of the person who did the piece in your picture, do you know? I have the Cypress Dome issue now in front of me.
    AAJ Banner

Here's the Salvador Dali original.