Thread: Bing Crosby: The CBS Radio Recordings 1954-56

Bing Crosby: The CBS Radio Recordings 1954-56

Bing Crosby The CBS Radio Recordings 1954-56 Mosaic Records 2009 For many years, in millions of homes, singer Bing Crosby ruled the airwaves. A large chunk of the US listened to his Kraft Music Hall on a weekly basis and as a result Crosby was able to dominate the music industry (and later the movie industry) without serious rivals. Aside from developing the template for radio programs, his most notable accomplishment may have been the move from live programming to taped recordings. Understandably, after doing it for years, Crosby wanted to be free of the pressures of live radio performance (of which there was a West Coast and East Coast show, doubling the likelihood of on-air flubs.) But he also wanted to be able to record his show in advance--in other words, he wanted to be able to hit the links at Pebble Beach whenever he wanted. Crosby pioneered the use of tapes to prerecord his programs. This enabled him to keep his radio show going while pursuing other interests; in fact, he stayed loyal to radio long after many of his contemporaries had been permanently lured away by television...

More...

Fabulous!

I received this set the day it was released and have thoroughly enjoyed going back to it frequently. The sound is luscious and once you get used to the B3 it is as fine a collection of songs as ever was produced.
    Paul M. Mock

This is an awesome collection. Who knew Mr. White Christmas could swing like that? I probably did not need 7 CDs of this but its worth it. For some reason I started with CD #s 5 and 6 and they've been pretty much on repeat since I recvd it 2 weeks ago. Very highly recommended.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uMRt7UEgoE

Paul - Love to show my ignorance,.
    What's a B3
    Keep the Blue Flame Burning

Quote Originally Posted by Fran View Post
    Paul - Love to show my ignorance,.
    What's a B3
    Not at all....That's the model of (Hammond?) organ that is used on many of the recordings.
    Paul M. Mock

Just been looking on amazon.co.uk and the prices for this box set are quite high. New is £103.14 and £151.80 and used is £115.58. It appears to be discontinued by Amazon now, which is probably why the prices are so high.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Bing-Crosby-...1&sr=1-2-spell

You can get it from Mosaic for $119.00
    So why not go to the source.. I don't think its sold out
    So buy it from them and keep helping them to continue doing what they do.