Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: It Was a Year and One Day Ago Today

Piano/Compose/Arrange engelbach's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ianant View Post
    Thanks for the kind words, Pele. I'll be brief because I fear I've already went off on a tangent on this thread by mentioning some personal stuff.
    Ian,

We would expect any of us to keep the rest of us informed of extraordinary circumstances, good or bad.

At the risk of cliché: I feel your pain. The cost of living was one of the factors that led us to flee New York. I wish you the best.

Cheers,
    Jer
    Jerry Engelbach, piano/arrange/compose
    Engelbach Music
    Weaver of Dreams
    Artwork

And

Quote Originally Posted by engelbach View Post
    Ian,

We would expect any of us to keep the rest of us informed of extraordinary circumstances, good or bad.

At the risk of cliché: I feel your pain. The cost of living was one of the factors that led us to flee New York. I wish you the best.

Cheers,
    Jer

I may have to follow your lead :-) Not necessarily to Mexico, but somewhere. It's about time I ventured out on another of my space travels in search of intelligent life. I mean really.
    You're only granted one set of gonads during this lifetime. Make sure you use it wisely.

I may have to follow your lead :-) Not necessarily to Mexico, but somewhere. It's about time I ventured out on another of my space travels in search of intelligent life. I mean really.
    Hey Ian, hang in there. You can do it. If you don't mind me telling a personal story (well, if you do, it's too late...)...anyway, last year we had all met about 5 minutes before rehearsal started the night before the gig. It was a smallish hot room with a whole lotta people in it...we got about 2 tunes in and really started cranking. It was LOUD. You were sitting on a chair or sofa or something against the wall and suddenly stood up and said "I have to walk out for a minute. This is getting too exciting!"...and I knew you were an great, interesting guy. The vibe got to you...

I'll never forget that.

Space travel is right. Dunno if you'll find it on this planet.
    Engelbach Music
    Weaver of Dreams
    Artwork

Ha

Quote Originally Posted by harmolodic View Post
    Hey Ian, hang in there. You can do it. If you don't mind me telling a personal story (well, if you do, it's too late...)...anyway, last year we had all met about 5 minutes before rehearsal started the night before the gig. It was a smallish hot room with a whole lotta people in it...we got about 2 tunes in and really started cranking. It was LOUD. You were sitting on a chair or sofa or something against the wall and suddenly stood up and said "I have to walk out for a minute. This is getting too exciting!"...and I knew you were an great, interesting guy. The vibe got to you...

I'll never forget that.
    Hey Scott, what you said made me smile. Ha ha. You guys had gotten into the groove at that time. The tune you played was "One For Mike!" I am playing the recording now as I type this letter because you brought back the memory.

Yes, yes. You guys played it killingly and I wanted a beer to calm my excited self down. Nothing like some good live ass kicking jazz. From that point on One For Mike became my favorite selection, which incidentally is the one you opened with at the gig. Thanks for the memories.

Jer, outta space it is. I must get to planning my next trip.

IA
    You're only granted one set of gonads during this lifetime. Make sure you use it wisely.

Still talking about it and feeling the vibe more than a year later... must've done something pretty good.

I hope Jay comes back soon and updates this thread to read "It was two years and two weeks ago ..."

What's left of my hair is considerably whiter.
    Engelbach Music
    Weaver of Dreams
    Artwork

Haha, I see Chris's post here everyday, just hanging there, aging,and always wonder who's going to update it and when.

Guitarist / Composer
    It was a great time, I think about it quite often. Jay really inspired us!!

Word to the wise. When you get the opportunity to do something, do it. Seize the moment. You never know if you'll ever get that chance again.

Can't think of a witty title Shade of Blue's Avatar
    Word to the Wise? Hey, that's me!!!

I was there for this!! Whoooo

Anybody who wants to see what I been up to, check this out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2-CBZSXOmM

or this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCRAx9FUQhc