Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Share Your Creative Works Here

Ha. If you would loose the perls, that could have been me some light-years ago. Can I ask what time it is from?

Here is the portrait Pontif was referring to. It was taken in the 1990’s. I would have to search my archives to give you the precise year. I appreciate him giving the mention.

Incidentally, this was taken on film, and I did not use Photoshop. All I did was use a soft-focus filter. To me using a soft focus filter, with the camera or using the blur filter in Photoshop, makes no odds. It’s the photographer’s skill with both parts.
    I am always of the opinion with the learned, if they speak first. - William Congreve.

Ok Pope, thank you, I wondered about it because of the fashion of clothes and hairdue. Yes, I remember you were talking about the soft tone filter. The picture as well as the girl in it, are both lovely. You guys have a great coöperation going here Pontif and Pope, really nice!

Dressing Like a Fan Since 1997 1/2 Baked, Not Fried's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jazz,from,a,rat View Post
    I made an antique looking 6 ft. tall fake feather tree. Be a great place to show off some of my antique Christmas stuff.

Instead of goose feathers I used cheap green garland to wrap the wire with.
    That looks cool, rat. So vintage looking. All that photo needs is one of the those antique console record players . . . or even an old Victrola!
    I think there are only three things America will be known for 2,000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. Gerald Early 1952–, American Author

I made this mirror this past weekend. The frame was made of wood, decked out with various junk, hardware, and found items.

I think there are only three things America will be known for 2,000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. Gerald Early 1952–, American Author

Registered User djangoblackbird's Avatar
    This is a piece of hint fiction (also called "flash fiction), a work of extreme brevity that still conveys a story. I set the number of words at 25, no more, now less.

Council From a Cyanide Capsule

This exit is most certainly just.
    You can't take it with you, but then, neither can they.
    I'll be the tomb for your secret, forever.
    "Se Wo Were Fi Na Wosan Kofa a Yenki" ------- "It is Not Taboo To Go Back and Fetch What You Forgot" - Akan proverb

Quote Originally Posted by 1/2 Baked, Not Fried View Post
    I made this mirror this past weekend. The frame was made of wood, decked out with various junk, hardware, and found items.

That's really cool looking.

Yep, cool! So which one of your girls is the lucky one, 1/2B, or was it a present to them all?

So, I have this dress that has been hanging in my closet for 4 years. It was white and when I'd wear it, I'd look like a nurse in uniform. So I've never worn it. It still is a perfect fit, so what I did is I have dyed it now along with another dress to black. Since it has mixed fibers, it came out a mixed coloured grey, kind of cool. It came out better than I had expected. Only now the buttons which are white really look awful on it, so I took them off and I have been looking for some kind of bronze coloured buttons. So far, I haven't been able to find real small ones which I need, so now I have bought several beads in several shapes and forms to make buttons from. I used to make my own jewelry from all sorts of material. I'm not sure I will succeed but I'm going to give it a try anyway and this way my dress will be unique in its own way and finally, after 4 years hopefully can fit its purpose.

Fearfull story, djangobb. Striking!

AAJ's Spammer Exterminator Tenorman's Avatar
    I am currently doing some research for a friend of mine who has an antique print shop in London called Frontispiece (http://www.frontispiece.co.uk/site/). He recently dug up from his archives two Japanese Woodblock print books. They are gorgeous

One slight problem. These new books are compilation books of different artists unlike his previous ones which were of a single artist -- Kono Bairei

As neither of us read japanese, (and it is even difficult for a modern Japanese speaker to read as there have been changes to the characters), we have to go tracking the artist seals. Even just looking at the picture and researching that is fraught, because it was quite standard for someone to copy a master's print to prove how good they are. The only difference is their seal

Here is a site showing some examples of Kono Bairei's work

http://www.baxleystamps.com/litho/me...rei_1881.shtml

Birth Controller to the Jazz Community. (click on the underlined text for more information)

Quote Originally Posted by djangoblackbird View Post
    This is a piece of hint fiction (also called "flash fiction), a work of extreme brevity that still conveys a story. I set the number of words at 25, no more, now less.

Council From a Cyanide Capsule

This exit is most certainly just.
    You can't take it with you, but then, neither can they.
    I'll be the tomb for your secret, forever.
    Good stuff, Django! Of course, now I want to know what the secret is . . .

Quote Originally Posted by NewJazz4Mike View Post
    That's really cool looking.
    Thanks, Mike!

Quote Originally Posted by page View Post
    Yep, cool! So which one of your girls is the lucky one, 1/2B, or was it a present to them all?
    Thanks Page - we had a spot on a wall calling out for something a little funky, so we're gonna give it a shot there for a while and see if it takes . . .

And send us a shot of your dress when it's finished!

Quote Originally Posted by Tenorman View Post
    I am currently doing some research for a friend of mine who has an antique print shop in London called Frontispiece
    Ian, 'sounds like some serious detective work. Thanks for the link to Bairei's work. Beautiful stuff.

Nice work .5 Baked. I’d like to see a picture of that mirror on your wall, a bit further away.

I like that piece Django; the conclusion reminds me of the rhyme about magpies. The ending, “Seven for a secret never to be told.”

Ian, I’ll have a word with my friend Pontif, he’s into things Japanese, and I think he’ll like this sort of thing. Pontif and I have shared interests. Jazz, Photography and art etc.
    I am always of the opinion with the learned, if they speak first. - William Congreve.

My good pal Page wanted to see an example of the sort of stuff I paint, so I'm putting it here for all to see. The photo was taken with a cheap camera so it's sort of distorted, sorry about that.

"Funny...when you talk to Jay on the phone, he actually seems quite normal and not insane at all." Phil Kelly

What a lovely way to wake up and start a new morning finding that, Jay! I like it. Forgive me if I'm wrong but I see a mood of summer with some heavy weather in the distance coming up, like often happens on a hot day? Well I could be totally off with that but I rather like to interpret my own way. Like when you read a book and have your own view of what it looks like/is about. Thanks for showing us.

Quote Originally Posted by Pope Pertwee IX View Post
    Nice work .5 Baked. I’d like to see a picture of that mirror on your wall, a bit further away.
    Thanks, Pope - and 'will do

Quote Originally Posted by page View Post
    What a lovely way to wake up and start a new morning finding that, Jay! I like it. Forgive me if I'm wrong but I see a mood of summer with some heavy weather in the distance coming up, like often happens on a hot day? Well I could be totally off with that but I rather like to interpret my own way. Like when you read a book and have your own view of what it looks like/is about. Thanks for showing us.
    I don’t know much about interpreting art, and I realize it’s abstract and all, but I get more of a sense of modern warfare –of running, dodging, being chased (there's definitely a sense of movement, from left to right [curious, Jay - are you right handed?]) with spear-like tracers flying overhead and explosions and chaos both above and below, with the central figure sort of sandwiched in space between it. Something urban, or suburban, but the colors have been muted and the sky’s turning mustard grey, making it seem more like late fall or early winter. And it’s all happening today, not in the past, or maybe in the near future.

Anyway, I think it's cool.

Quote Originally Posted by 1/2 Baked, Not Fried View Post
    I don’t know much about interpreting art, and I realize it’s abstract and all, but I get more of a sense of modern warfare –of running, dodging, being chased (there's definitely a sense of movement, from left to right [curious, Jay - are you right handed?]) with spear-like tracers flying overhead and explosions and chaos both above and below, with the central figure sort of sandwiched in space between it. Something urban, or suburban, but the colors have been muted and the sky’s turning mustard grey, making it seem more like late fall or early winter. And it’s all happening today, not in the past, or maybe in the near future.

Anyway, I think it's cool.
    I don't either but I rather like it that you see something completely different than I do. My mood probably had something to do with my interpretation too but the fun thing of this is that we can all see something different but it doesn't have to be a wrong interpretation, does it? You can see, feel, something different and of course you do since you are someone different. We are friends with mutual interests but we aren't the same, we're individuals. I'm not sure who but someone once told me that the way you see things, the way you experience and interpret always has a bit to do with who you are and how you think; you bring your own history, even if you are just watching something, or listening. I think that is great really even though that would mean there is no objectivity at all. I do wonder what Jay meant, but knowing him seeing colours in music and tasting it which shows he's really intuitive, he'll dig yours ànd mine interpretation.