Thread: interesting thread on Miles Davis at Abagond

interesting thread on Miles Davis at Abagond

i see i linked up a comment , i think this will go to it better:

http://abagond.wordpress.com/2012/04/03/miles-davis/

Weird--that bio is filled with gross inaccuracies.

"In the early 1970s Davis helped to launch the jazz-rock fusion movement. His health began to decline in the late 1970s but he continued to work till the early 1980s."

WTF?
    scott

https://vectortrio.bandcamp.com/

Quote Originally Posted by harmolodic View Post
    Weird--that bio is filled with gross inaccuracies.

"In the early 1970s Davis helped to launch the jazz-rock fusion movement. His health began to decline in the late 1970s but he continued to work till the early 1980s."

WTF?
    True, Scott. I know. I was at Miles' last live performance in 1975 in Central Park, when he abruptly walked off the stage about 20 minutes into the set. He didn't return until 1981. He didn't play at all during those years, living a reclusive life in his upper west side townhouse, doing lots of cocaine, tv on 24/7, on occasion sneaking out to clubs in Harlem well after midnight.

First time I've ever heard Miles described as a "child prodigy". Never heard that one before. I guess there's a first time for everything.

Rats on cocaine love Miles Davis

take your butts over there and go in the forum and talk for gods sake

( dont call e a dick ever again, do you understand?)

those werent my words by the way, just get over there and staighten it out

What are you ranting about? Why should we go over there and talk? You're posting enough for the rest of us.
    scott

https://vectortrio.bandcamp.com/

Relax, Andrew. Maybe go the beach, play some drums or something. Chill, man.

I read some of the posts. Mostly yours ( you are B.R., right? ). Some good stuff in there. And nice video of you with Alex Foster. The dancer is fantastic!

But, I'm curious now... why did you change your internet writing style from complete sentences with correct spellings and use of capital letters to deliberately misspelled words, no punctutation and all lower case on this forum? I'm just curious about that.

i dont think i spell better at all....you are just luckiar to get stream of conciousness from me , over here

well, scott, im sure you have some tidbits that would be great to hear about. those people havent heard about miles that much, you could give them some insights

by the way, scott , all i want to say about the other thread is for sure there has to be a better way to hip me to what was going down than that, that is all im saying....the way it was put on me was guarenteed to get the opisite responce you would have liked , epecialy since i had no idea what was really going on

you guys should set the record straight on miles over there and offer up some tips about the melodies and harmonies he was working with

i didnt really write the intro, it was some information from me and the guy took some stuff from miles site bio