Thread: World Championship Snooker.

World Championship Snooker.

The 2012 Snooker World Championship has started today, in the UK. Is anyone interested? Former 7 times World Champion, Stephen Hendry, has made a maximum 147 break. This is quite early on in the tournament, it is still in the first round.
    Here’s a link showing Stephen’s maximum break.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/snooker/17800969

I am always of the opinion with the learned, if they speak first. - William Congreve.

When I lived in England I loved watching snooker. I remember Jimmy White, and a player who had upside-down glasses so he could see with his head down close to the table. This was in the early nineties.
    "Funny...when you talk to Jay on the phone, he actually seems quite normal and not insane at all." Phil Kelly

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Norem View Post
    When I lived in England I loved watching snooker. I remember Jimmy White, and a player who had upside-down glasses so he could see with his head down close to the table. This was in the early nineties.
    The guy with the upside-down glasses, was Dennis Taylor, from Northern Ireland. He won the 1985 World Title, in an epic last frame decider, against Steve Davis. Stayed up to watch that one.
    I am always of the opinion with the learned, if they speak first. - William Congreve.

Quote Originally Posted by Pope Pertwee IX View Post
    The 2012 Snooker World Championship has started today, in the UK. Is anyone interested? Former 7 times World Champion, Stephen Hendry, has made a maximum 147 break. This is quite early on in the tournament, it is still in the first round.
    Here’s a link showing Stephen’s maximum break.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/snooker/17800969

Glad to see he's back. Snooker is a great game and Hendry is a machine. I believe he's had 10 or 11 perfect games. Unbelievable.
    pull down, tear up

It’s nice to see another lady referee at the World Championship event this year,
    Zhu Ying. Very attractive lady, she could chalk my cue; and clean my cue ball anytime. Other snooker terminology, such as deep screw, and double-kiss also spring to mind.

Ronnie O'Sullivan, in my opinion, and that of many others, the greatest natural talent ever in snooker. Makes a break of 128, against Mark Williams. Ronnie makes it look so easy! Anyone who has played the game, will tell you it's not.
    This is a joy to watch!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/snooker/17889031

It is now the final of the tournament. Ronnie O’Sullivan v Ally Carter.
    This is not a formality; Ronnie leads Ally 10 – 7 (Best of 35).
    Here is a link to a break, which if you see how the balls are placed, one of the commentators said:
    “he would do well to get a break above 20, here though.”

The caption on the site:
    Three-time world champion Ronnie O'Sullivan completes what commentator Dennis Taylor describes as "one of the finest breaks you'll ever wish to see"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/snooker/17976745

What can I say, - "Genius."