Hope this helps.
Ok, it seems like there's TONS of these.
Again, I don't want to purchase something twice. Is any of the below material released elsewhere? Help!
Here are the releases I'm looking at, but with so many imports - it's confusing for a newbie like me. (all are found on Amazon)
1) Complete Hamburg Concert 1974
3) At Montreaux with Junior Mance
4) A Day in Copenhagen
5) At the Village Gate 1976
6) Montmartre Summit 1973 (w/Jackie McLean)
8) Nights at the Keystone
9) Live at Montmartre
10) Live at the Both & Club San Francisco
Hope this helps.
What about number 1?
I don't have the blue note box, I have those as single CDs, so would 11 be worth a buy? If so, there are two listed on Amazon, which one would I need?
Is the live at Montreaux with Mance title the one in the Prestige set?
The Live at Montreux is on the Prestige box. Read the review from All Music which I linked on the other thread.
The Hamburg Concert is a boot and NOT a priority.
You definitely have your work cut out for you. Let me know if you have other questions.
My personal favorite live Dexter recordings are the following:
- Live at Montmartre 1967 (includes: Body and Soul, Take the 'A' Train, and Both Sides of Midnight)
- I really like the 3 volume Swiss Nights (1975)
- Live at the Keystone discs (Mosaic Select - if OOP, it is available in itunes under 'Capital Vaults Jazz' Dexter Gordon - cheap too, only $9.99!)
Hope that helps!
They're all oop. Not sure if this material is available elsewhere.
Never miss another jazz concert again! Jazz Near You is a simple yet powerful way for fans to discover who is playing where and when. Access local jazz events by date, by distance, by venue, by musician or by festival; map to venues, set reminders, and get detailed information about musicians. Jazz Near You is your complete guide to jazz music near you! Download it now.