Thread: Thick as Thieves soundtrack

Thick as Thieves soundtrack

I recently found this site due to my exhaustive web search for the list of songs that appear on the soundtrack of the Scott Sanders' 1998 movie "Thick as Thieves." I am an expert web searcher, but came up mostly empty for this one.

I found a recent thread by Jan Geel on these boards asking about the soundtrack, but found no real answers. So I have a challenge to you jazz experts out there who help us newbies - let's make a list.

Here is what I have so far:
    1. Da Da Da - Trio

And that is all. Any help?

Thanks,
    Neil

I don't know if it is related but, there is this song,'Thick as Thieves' composed by Natalie Merchant ?.Gerry Zaragemca

hey, this may help

watch the movie and let the credits run.... most of the music is near the end of the credits. I got alot of it from that.
    I cant , however found anything on those albums at the beginning of the movie.....like "the martini scene" or stan livngston at the malibu pier.
    I have a jazzy, lounge radio show where I play that type of music...... mancini,altruda, stan getz etc...., but just check out the credits and you will find most of the artists......
    oh, fridays 5:30 to 7p.m./ e.s.t wvkr 91.3 f.m.
    or go to www.live365.com and sign up (free) and search wvkr....
    if you like the music of the movie you should like my show....
    jon

Purity Control
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnytheboy
    watch the movie and let the credits run.... most of the music is near the end of the credits. I got alot of it from that.
    I cant , however found anything on those albums at the beginning of the movie.....like "the martini scene" or stan livngston at the malibu pier.
    I have a jazzy, lounge radio show where I play that type of music...... mancini,altruda, stan getz etc...., but just check out the credits and you will find most of the artists......
    oh, fridays 5:30 to 7p.m./ e.s.t wvkr 91.3 f.m.
    or go to www.live365.com and sign up (free) and search wvkr....
    if you like the music of the movie you should like my show....
    jon

Still at the wreck, stoned again, he ain't never gonna learn.

Well done man.

P.C.

Purity Control

amazing

I can't believe I'm not the only one. I just want the song at the end. It's mainly a piano piece and it's straight from God. I have wanted it for a long time. Any info would be good.

P.C.

Talking music on the soundtrack

I have been looking for the music to this movie for quite some time. I loved the movie when it came out, and especially loved the music. So finally I got on "yahoo answers" and posted a question asking about the jazz music in the movie. The next day, the writer/ director of the movie Scott Sanders Emailed me and gave me a list of songs in the movie. Oh yeah!!!!

Miz Margret - Jackie and Roy
    Un Roze Rouge - Sixty French Woman
    Fugue (from sonata no.7) - Swingle Singers

Mr. Sanders said the rest of the music in the movie is from a local LA musician named, Joey Altruda

I'm very glad that Mr. sanders answered my question, and equally as glad to post the bands that helped make that movie a treat to watch...Hang in there Scott Sanders...Thanks again!!!

I'm pretty sure this is a complete listing...

http://www.brianchernicky.com/thicka...oundtrack.html
    My two cents.

In Search of Joey Altruda..

I've been running all over the place trying to get the music from this film..
    Those great tunes in the opening credits and the closing credits are almost certainly Joey Altruda..
    I've bought every Altruda album I can find.. Good stuff, but none of the movie cuts.. Learned about Red Young and other worthwhile musicians, but no luck finding the Thick As Thieves music..
    I even called Altruda's manager as listed on the albums.. I guess they aren't working together anymore because the conversation was short & curt..
    I guess the only other avenue is to track down Altruda & see if he's got some tapes of the music..
    Anybody got an LA phone book?

Finally collected the songs to the Soundtrack.

Did anyone ever collect the songs? I was finally fortunate after a near 5 year search.

Desperately Looking for Thick as Thieves Music

Quote Originally Posted by gman2210 View Post
    Did anyone ever collect the songs? I was finally fortunate after a near 5 year search.
    I have been looking to purchase the actual songs off and on for several years now. Did you ever locate the music?

Yes...I have all the songs.